Thursday, December 4, 2008

My only Christmas decor right now...

Well, my youngest has been sick since Saturday night and sleep has been a little sparse in this house since. I'm behind on my Christmas decorating (and house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping, and the list goes on...) as a result. I finally finished pulling the lights off of 10 branches on our pre-lit tree last night {a serious pain in the rear}. We spent too much money on that tree and I didn't see the point in trashing a pretty tree with half the lights working...so I pulled, yanked and cut those things off and restrung the tree at 11:00 last night. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it decorated today! I've got the stockings hung, a wreath on the front door and boxes littered across my living room and entry hall...can't wait to get those taken care of and everything put up...hopefully in time for Christmas! :)

Here is one little project I managed to get accomplished this week and I really like the way it turned out! I promise that is looks a lot prettier in person! {geez, you think I could at least take the picture so it was centered on the wall and not so weird looking with my iron piece there on the wall behind it..but this is what you get when I take a pic hanging from a ladder in my kitchen} I just wrapped an extra piece of garland around the chain on my light fixture and shaped it like a tree and then decorated with a little garland, ribbon and some gold glittery birds and assorted gold balls. Once I get all my Christmas ornaments out to decorate the tree, I plan on setting a few aside and hanging them from the metal scrolls on this fixture.

Well, I am going to go start decorating the tree since my baby girl is sleeping {YEAH!} and my son just left for school. I'll post pictures once I get everything up and decorated so I can participate in Thrify Decor Chick's Favorite Things party.