Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Craft Room Organization Ideas...

This week has been super busy but I wanted to stop and share a few more organizational ideas you can maybe use in your crafty space. These ideas have worked for me...maybe they'll work for you too! This is my little eye candy box. {I know, I have a problem right? This is exciting to me...maybe there is a 12 step program or something for people like me. But come on, if you're reading this blog, you probably have a similar problem too} Anyways, back to my eye candy. I detest all those little packages that the eyelets, brads, rhinestones, etc come in. They're never all alike and they don't stack or store well, so I had to change that. I purchased one of the bead organizers and dumped all my flimsy, unstackable packages for this. :)Now, I can see all my embellishments at once and they fit in my desk drawer. This particular organizer has 24 seperate containers within. I love it (but not as much as I love the new peg board)
Here is another shot of the craft room. I already shared pics of the new peg board and desk {Have I mention yet that I love them? Didn't think so...I love them!} I reorganized some things in the closet to make better use of the space and added a second clear shoe rack to the other closet door. If you don't already use these in your home, I HIGHLY encourage you to get some! I use them on just about every closet or pantry door in our house. I use them for medicine and first aid stuff in the master bathroom. In the front entry way, they sort shoes, gloves, scarves, mittens, bug sprays, leashes, etc. In the kids rooms, they sort small toys and shoes. In my craft room, they sort all my stuff that I use frequently: glues, scissors, punches, markers, colored pencils, etc. I could go on and on about how awesome the cheap clear plastic shoe organizer is!

Well, little miss priss is up from her nap now. We had a busy morning at MOPS and we did a really fun craft today. I can't believe that I forgot my camera! Hopefully, I'll have some really nice friends that will let me take pictures of what they created. I taught our group how to make no-sew fabric appliques today and it seemed to go over really well. I'll post pictures and directions as soon as I can get some pics taken.